TEACHING AT CLICK AWAY
We are now accepting applications for Click Away 2020 instructors.
Are you ready for a three-day weekend full of shooting, learning, networking, and empowerment? Click Away takes place March 6-8, 2020 in the heart of Atlanta’s midtown, and this year promises to be the biggest and best event yet.
As you know, Click Away is different from other photography conferences, and its success is due in large part to the dedication of an incredibly talented group of photographers who are willing to share their experience, knowledge, and hearts with attendees. If you’re reading this, you have something to share – and we want to hear it!
Please review the following information thoroughly before submitting your proposal
We are looking for educators who:
• are enthusiastic and comfortable speaking in front of groups of all sizes
• are interested in sharing their knowledge & skills with other photographers
• are prepared to provide real-life applications/materials to support their programs
• value the opportunity to experience Click Away and network with hundreds of other like-minded creatives, including attendees, fellow instructors, and amazing brand reps
• believe in collaborative learning, raising the bar within the photography industry, and celebrating diverse voices and ideas
Each Click Away instructor will develop two class programs and teach a total of three class sessions (one class twice + one class once)
Click Away classes are 90 minutes long, and every program must be clearly structured and rich in content, with actionable advice and clearly illustrated techniques and principles. All programs should have a supporting hand-out to distribute to attendees.
Class Formats may include:
- Presentation / Seminar – Seminar programs are held in an indoor classroom setting with tables/desks. The instructor will give an in-depth, structured presentation that provides practical and impactful takeaways. Topics such as business, social media, composition, video editing, and the principles and techniques of specific genres are well-suited for this program format. Attendee interaction throughout the program is strongly encouraged. Class size will vary by program structure and final space assignment.
- Processing Demonstration – Processing demos are held in an indoor classroom setting with tables/desks. The instructor will demonstrate step-by-step processing skills, secrets, and techniques. Instructors are encouraged to provide sample images for students to follow along with during the program. Attendee interaction throughout the program is strongly encouraged. Class size will vary by program structure and final space assignment.
- Shooting Demonstration (indoor or outdoor) – In a demo, the instructor will typically work with models, discuss specific concepts or techniques (including shooting, lighting, and/or posing), and demonstrate her method or approach as part of an instructional demonstration. The instructor will actively teach for all or a significant portion of the program, and attendee shooting, if incorporated, will be limited. Class size will be vary by space assignment and degree of planned attendee engagement.
- Styled Shoot (indoor or outdoor) – In a styled shoot, the instructor will coordinate and style at least two models for a 90 minute “shoot out.” The role of the instructor is to develop and discuss a cohesive vision for the shoot, guide the attendees to appropriate shooting locations, pose and prompt the models, answer questions, and facilitate organized and orderly attendee shooting. Class size will be limited to 25 to permit all attendees sufficient shooting opportunity.
- Critique Program – Critique Programs will be held at a roundtable or small classroom setting. Image critique programs will be highly interactive and carefully guided to encourage active attendee discussion and yield substantive takeaways. Class size will vary by program structure and final space assignment.
- Other – We are open to your ideas!
Click Away Instructors will receive the following benefits:
- $1000 Honorarium
- Luster Ticket to Click Away 2020 ($699 value)
- Instructor Lounge
- Instructor Gift Box
- Invitation to a private Click Away 2020 VIP Mixer to connect you with event sponsors, Click & Co Directors & Editors, and your fellow instructors!
- … and other fabulous perks (yes, we spoil you!).
In lieu of accepting the Click Away honorarium, instructors have the option to obtain independent sponsorship from a brand or vendor with whom they have a relationship (brand representation at the event is subject to Click Away approval).
Interested in becoming a Click Away 2020 instructor?
Preference will be given to applications received by 05/22/19.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis thereafter until the lineup is complete; we encourage applicants to submit as early as possible for priority consideration.